My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ahh...The Smell of Fritos In The Morning

They say if you look and act cool, no one will ever know you're sweating it out on the inside. I've been trying my best to act cool the last six weeks. Yes, it's been that long since they announced that XM is merging with Sirius. Kind of a long time to go without any information, and pretend it's business as usual - but like I mentioned, I'm remaining cool. It's kinda hard. Lately I've noticed my emotions are a little more sensitive - and it takes a lot more effort to concentrate and focus. Thankfully, I'm running almost every day of the week, so I think I sweat out most of the terror and nerves before 8am. Phew, what a lesson in patience. So, for those of you wondering it's all still wait and see.

Meanwhile, life continues on...and lately I've observed some humorous moments:

1. Jason whispering the phrase "cubs beer" simultaniously with noise of an Old Style can opening ("sput-chaaahhh.") My parents brought some from Illinois over Labor Day weekend.

2. This older guy at work with his feet proped up on his desk with his sunglasses on, chowing down on Fritos before 10am.

3. Jason again, this time at the grocery store making fun of the generic brand name of Oil Of Olay which is simply called "Oil Of Beauty". He said they didn't even try to be creative when they thought of that generic name. He goes, "they could of called it Oil of Okay"!! OMG, he's funny.

4. My coworker, referring to a slice of New York Style Pizza as a blanket. "It's like a blanket," he goes using two hands to mimic trying to get such a large slice to your mouth, "it's so huge you have to use two hands and fold it like a blanket." We both agreed pizza is better when it's cut in squares.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Square pizza? Even though it seems to be a Chicago tradition, I've always hated the square-cut pizza. The middle, crust-less squares are impossible to eat and always get ignored/abandoned. I'll take a huge triangle over a middle square anytime. If you want, I can start saving all our middle squares and send them to you.