My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mom says,"On a scale of 1-10, it's a 15."

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just living my life like any normal person would...secretly wishing I was debt free, planning on carving a pumpkin for Halloween and taking Leia for her morning walks. Life seems pretty normal. Normal, but not boring.

As of late - there are a few exciting things afoot. For one, I got a new sewing machine and I'm in the process of sewing Leia a new coat for the Fall. A process which my mom pointed out, "on a scale of 1-10 for a first project it's a 15." Ooops. It's pretty cool though and I'm almost finished! Other projects in the que include fleece hats for Jason and I, a cool bag, and a pencil holder that you roll up and tie. Now, I just need some free time!

Also in the works - Jason and I are now officially "on call" for my friend Catherine's trip to the hospital to give birth. You're thinking - seriously? Yep. She's due in 8 weeks and starting this week we're on call between the hours of 6:30pm - 8am. Yay Catherine! We're just hoping it doesn't happen next week when her mom is out of the country.

And since the BRGA picnic- the greyhound adoption picnic, Jason and I have gone back and forth about adopting a second dog. I know, I know, we decided not to get a second dog, twice. But here we are again, trying to find the right answer in our hearts. Leia is such a good dog, but both Jason and I notice her bored look and think she may need a friend. We are using the force to find an answer to this perplexing question: Does Leia need a brother named Luke?

All this excitement and if that weren't enough - I am still waiting word from my job.

So, if all goes according to this blog - I'll get to keep my job, wear my homemade hat to walk two dogs and wear it again to rush Catherine to the hospital to give birth.

I need to make that Hat!

No comments: