My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Dark In the Morning

Leia and I went out for our morning walk today - and although it was in the low 70's and very nice - it was also dark. Like it was still night. (and it was our normal walking time at a little after 6a.) I'm not use to this yet - considering for the first summer in my life, i was outside walking a dog every morning at 6:30am. I know I've walked Leia on dark mornings before, but i was really enjoying the sunshine mornings. For some reason, the path seems a little bit scarier when it's dark - even if it's the same 'ole guy with the baby jogging stroller and pregnant lady walking her pug. They're the same people!...but somehow seem scary to me because it's dark. Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

On the other hand, Leia doesn't seem to mind at all. She just goes about her morning walk without a hitch, stopping to sniff every five feet as if to check to see, "Is this what I think it is? Yep!...Is this what I think it is?," sniffing, "yep!" She has to sniff everything!

We are going to an all greyhound picnic this weekend and I am curious to see how Leia reacts to all her fellow greys. If she goes crazy and loves every minute of it - i fear we'll have another dog before you can say Happy Halloween. (then again maybe not...Jason and I go back and forth.) Two may just be the ticket...or just one too many. We're undecided at this point. One alien is enough for now.

No comments: