My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

I keep telling myself...just keep swimming. After all, it is week 10. Yes, 10 weeks since the merge at work, and no news on whether or not I am going to keep my job. Please keep wishing!

So, over the weekend I made the Snickerdoodle cookies. I think they turned out pretty well. I think they were good luck - Jason gave them a thumbs up - and then gave the Bears a thumbs up too because they won, so, all was good.

In other news, my friend C gave me these fancy fabrics yesterday. I think I'm going to make some pillows with the fabric. Two for her, two for us. The fabric is lovely and rich and each one has a cool design. She got them as extras from an interior decorator. Free is good!

I am still working on sewing Leia's awesome pink coat. I think I could possible be good at sewing if I had a little more free time. I need Jason to draw some sort of cute robot to applique onto the side of the coat. It's gonna look cool!

Today is game one of the NL division series:
NLDS Game One – Dodgers @ Cubs 6:37 ET on XM 184 (Cubs Broadcast) and on XM 189 (ESPN Radio)
Not sure what TV channel it'll be on.

I got Jason and I NL Champion hats to cheer on the Cubs from out east.

When my hat arrives, it will be my new dog walking hat. Ooooooo, I just had an idea - I could make Leia a Cubs coat. We could put a "C" on the side. Although, people might think the "C" is for Carlock. That works too.

I also just pictured myself in front of the TV, and my tears as they unfold the drama before the game. Good luck Cubs!

1 comment:

JC said...

I think the game is on Wednesday, not tonight.