My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's been exactly 9 months.

Today marks Leia's 9 month anniversary. We picked her up Dec 22, 2007 and offically adopted her 1 week later. And I haven't slept in since. Lately - as far as dogs and owners go - we've been doing great. We trust her, she trusts us - and she thinks everything in your hand is a treat. So she'll just "sit" on her own and wait for you to hand something to her. She makes us laugh.

She also likes to camp out in front of her food bowl and check it periodically for cheese. I believe Leia is gracefully moving from alien grey to normal dog in record time.

I write this post with great anticipation. It really seems like the end of this year is going to be a mind-blowing time to witness. With the election, Catherine's baby is due in November and my job is up in the air. I've mentioned some of this stuff before...and now add to that the Cubs clinching the division on Saturday. I ordered two hats for Jason and I - so we'll see what the wind blows in.

No comments: