My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I knew a girl named Rachel, I didn't like her either.

So, I can't believe I'm even taking the time to write this. I'm behind at work because the fire alarm just went off and so I spent my lunch across the street standing in the hot sun. (So awesome!) Perhaps that is what possessed me to write. I'm irritated. Seconds before the fire alarm started blaring, I took my first bite of my peanut butter sandwich. "Delicious!" I said to myself. And to accompany it - some vanilla yogurt. (I know - i eat pretty plain stuff...please don't judge me on my lunch items.) So, why the anger? No, it wasn't the fire alarm...although I think that was the tipping point to write. But the real reason for the anger is the yogurt. Here's my question: How do you screw up vanilla yogurt?!!

I have just discovered it is possible.

To preface the rest of the story: When we went to the grocery this weekend, there were NO Dannon vanilla yogurts (always the first choice)- which is fine, because the "Giant" brand is pretty much the same and works fine - but there was only 4 of those - so to supplement the 5 day week, I grabbed another brand I had read about in of my Woman's Health magazines. "Can't be bad," I thought as Jason patiently waited by the eggs...slowly creeping further away as I struggled to decide what to do. So, i went with it.

Word of Warning: Just because it has 'vanilla' in the title doesn't necessarily mean it tastes like vanilla. In fact Rachel's Lowfat Relax Vanilla Chai Yogurt tastes so strange I can't even pinpoint the flavor for you. It just tastes...well...gross. Thanks, Rachel! It may be "blissfully blended" and "help support the heart, brain and eyes with Omega-3's" but I'm not going to benefit from any of that today. It's going straight in the garbage.


PS. On the same note - I also wanted to publicly apologize for putting celery in the eggsalad this weekend. I am sorry Jason.

No comments: