My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Alternate Route

Came up on the bird again today. This time we didn't even make it to the corner of the front of the building as it came flying straight toward Leia and I with a loud squack! "Ok, ok, ok," I said annoyed, "come on Leia, let's cross the street." We hopped the curb and high-tailed it across the pavement. The bird won today.

Across the street and safe from any bird dives, I watched the KJ perch on a tree then dive down into a bush. Then a minute later, some dude with headphones and floppy brown hair walked straight through the King-Jerk threshold without any diving or squacking at all. I thought that was bizzare. So, is it Leia? Or a combo of Leia and I? Seriously, there should just be some orange cones or better yet a sign post......

so everyone knows that you can't get through. I mean, what is that bird protecting anyway?

Leia sniffed a few new patches of grass as I squinted my eyes in search of a nest, but I didn't see one. And to be honest, the other side of the street is much nicer - because it's out of the hot sun. This will be my alternate route for now.

No comments: