My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, March 9, 2009

That'll be $8.

I didn't have $8 for the parking attendant this morning.

Why you ask? Because ever since I've been parking in that lot it's been FREE!! (contracted by my place of employment of course) So when the parking attendant asked me for $8 I looked at him as if he was speaking a different language. I suppose he (sort of) was. I mean, I have parked here, there and everywhere around my work and hardly spent a dime. Eight dollars suddenly sounded like a rip off!

So, I told him in the kindest of fashions that I park here everyday and I can either pay double tomorrow or walk back over with the cash in about 20 minutes. (Duty calls at work, and I had to get on the air.) He agreed to the latter and I was on my way. No biggie fries, I'll just stop by the ATM, walk back over to pay the man and get on with my busy morning. And that's what I did. I'm just glad he agreed to this arrangement, or my car would have a few tickets on it by now.

About an hour ago HR announced that they apologize for the inconvenience and if you take your receipt back to the attendant you can get your $8 back. Really??! That never happens!

Whoohoo!

Things to celebrate:

1. Orange Tic Tacs
2. Fixed printers
3. Online shopping
4. Saturday adventures
5. Getting $8 back.

No comments: