My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pizza night!

Thursday's are always pizza night at the Carlock household. And it's not delivery. Gosh, I can't name one good pizza place near us. (But I don't want to dwell on that!)

There is, however this place right by our house called Burger Delight. It's been open for years...but we've never been. It sort of scares me and makes me sad. It has so much potential!!!It has that Huntley Dairy Mart feel, but it's missing something. The other day we figured it out. They don't sell any soft serve ice cream. In fact they don't sell any sweet treats. I wish they did. Jason just said the other day that if they sold ice cream - they'd be millioniares. No one sells it around here! Plus, there's a park right next to it, so it would make sense to sell ice cream treats, don't you think? Maybe we should leave an anonomous letter on the door.

Dear Burger Delight,

Why don't you sell any ice cream?? And why do you close at 3 O'Clock? You should install a soft serve ice cream maker and start chargin'.

Yours truly,
The Neighborhood


I'd make the letter a little nicer than that, but you get the idea. I think you can build a community around a good ice cream shoppe. I really believe that.

2 comments:

Chris said...

You don't like Big Bite!? Bah, our friendship is ruined!

Lynette said...

Now now, I was catering toward the midwest on that comment.

Come back to Illionis with me and we'll eat squares of midwest pizza, my treat!