My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I hope it didn't shrink a thousand shrinks

My blog is going to be delisted if I don't write anything! We got a big snow storm on Monday...or as the sign by the 395 bridge said "Snow Event". Which I didn't mind. What I do mind is the sign that keeps flashing "AVOID THE 395 TUNNEL"....but you only get to read that part cause you're driving really fast...and just before you pass the sign in a panic and are making alternate driving plans in your head, the sign switches to say, "13 FOOT MAX FOR TRUCKS"....Ohhhhh.....so only trucks taller than 13 feet have to avoid the tunnel. Got it. Phew.

Back to the snow. Leia sort of likes it. We have walked on the path this week and she stops and sticks her nose down in it...and then sneezes. She will, however, b-line for a patch of grass. Thankfully it'll be in the 60s this weekend and most of it will melt. And it has been COLD! Which brings me to my next thought. I was going to blog about this subject alone, but keep forgetting to tell you...in the mornings when Leia and I are on our walk, it's usually between 15-24 degrees out. Cold! Or...er....at least too cold to "hang out on the deck" if you ask me. So, each morning this week, as we pass the backside of condos...there's this lady "hanging out on the deck". She's sitting at the deck table. I've never seen her before, but she's old...perhaps in her 80s? I'm guessing. So, every morning this week, she's sitting outside. Very odd...especially when it's 17 out. Isn't she freezing?

Things that worry me at the moment:

1. Where is the oil leak coming from.
2. I washed jason's sweatshirt after he helped our friend Ross move, and I hope it didn't shrink a thousand shrinks. He likes that sweatshirt.

Things to celebrate:

1. Tomorrow marks 3 years quitting smoking for me!
2. I got to park in the lot twice this week.
3. Jason + pancakes
4. Saturday Feb 28 was Jason's 3 year quit smoking anniversary!
5. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
6. Excel spreadsheets
7. Oren Lavie, The Opposite Side Of The Sea
8. Design Sponge
9. Birds on tree branches.
10. Spa services

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yay for quitting smoking. You definately deserve spa time soon