My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dogs Read Blogs!

Well, that's not actually true. Leia will never read this blog, so, if you see her - tell her "Happy 7 Month Anniversary"!!!! (living at our house!)

As you know, we adopted a greyhound on December 22, 2007 and named her Leia. She has been a pretty awesome addition to the fam. Plus, she's so soft.

I think I freaked her out today though. There are these new sprinklers on the path (that seem to only be watering the path, not the grass -annoying) and I tried to get around them with Leia this morning, but one of them got her on the back side and she jumped sky high. Yow! Yikes! A lady on the path saw us and said, "ooh I bet that felt good, but it looks like it scared her to death!"...I agreed.

Sorry Leia.

In other "hot outside news" I took Leia out for a short walk on Saturday. We turned the corner, she made her peeps, and then we headed down the sidewalk. Immediatly, Leia stopped to sniff sniff sniff - and then without warning, she just laid down in the grass. Like, "I'm done." I was laughing becuase we'd only been outside for 3 minutes. "I'm not moving," Leia seemed to say, "It's waaaaay to hot to go for a walk human lady." It was very hot. She was right. So, we went back inside.

Good to know: August is "Birthday Month" at the Carlock household!!! Jason's is August 8th and Leia's is August 13th! I'm brainstorming a combo cake that's sure to please both!!! Ha. (only joking...cause that sounds gross.)

No comments: