My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Go North!

Jason and I have returned from our short getaway. We went "up north" as they say in the Chicagoland area...although for us it was more like west, south, then north as our flight made a stop in Atlanta before heading into Minneapolis. (lame, but about $300 cheaper per ticket.)

Overall, we had a wonderful time relaxing with friends and family. We saw the fireworks in downtown Minneapolis on the 4th, made a roadtrip to my aunt and uncle's cabin in Hayward, Wisconsin, shopped for 45's for Marx's jukebox, grilled many meats and enjoyed the excellent weather.

Per my last entry - and the top 5 things I was looking forward to - now I've got proof that it happened!

1. Visiting Marx And Elizabeth



2. Spending Time With Jason



3. Pine Trees



4. Grilled Meats



5. Fireworks!



There are many pictures, we'll put them all in an album for viewing.

Good To Know: Leia survived while we were gone. (we missed her sooo much!) - we're so proud of her - she got a glowing review from the people who took care of her. Way to go Leia!

No comments: