My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Food in HD

Nothing beats TV in HD, and coming soon to the HD lineup - THE FOOD NETWORK. That channel is mouthwatering! On Sunday we had the channel on for part of the afternoon, and I just remember Jason saying, "When this channel becomes HD we're gonna get fat!" I laughed. Start date is March 4th!

Speaking of food, I just got over my urge to buy in on a veggie share for the year. Jason successfully - and to be honest (thankfully) - talked me out of it for the second year in a row. It's expensive, none of the pick-up times go with our schedule and the list of veggies are sort of foreign to me. My sister did it last year ( I was jeeeeeeeelous) and she even advised me against it. She said it was the guilt of throwing away veg she couldn't use. Plus, she was sharing the "peck" with 2 other girls and she still couldn't eat it all. Thanks for the advice Kris, I'm not going to do it! However, I have a facination with local produce that won't quit - so I'm going to make it a point to go to our local farmers market on Sunday mornings. I think i can walk there with Leia. And considering Leia's new favorite thing is to wake me up at 7am on Sunday mornings for a walk down the path, no doubt we'll be getting first pick! I'm not sure when the farmer's market opens for business - probably in April.

Just for kicks, I've added the Bull Run Farm blog to my list on the right hand side - the owner and farmer tells great stories. Just click on "Split Honey and Fried Frogs" on the right.

No comments: