My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Cocoa O'Clock!

"The Burrrrrrrrd Feeders."

Holy snow! These pics just in from Illinois. (above....the "Burrrrrrrrrrd Feeders"...my dad gets all the credit for that title.) While Jason and I have been enjoying record high temperatures in Virginia (it was 71 degrees on Wednesday) it's was a much different story on Wednesday in the midwest! Back home on Oak Street, my dad worked diligently to remove snow from the driveway that was piling up at over an inch an hour. Snow totals were almost a foot by the end of the day, travel was strongly discouraged, Kohl's closed and my mom was sent packing! She slowly made it back home as no one was driving faster than 20 miles an hour. Yikes!

It was a classic adult snow-day for my parents! How fun!


"Frosted or Flame Broiled?"
Mid-storm, my dad gazed longingly at his grill.


"The Ruler."

Barely visible, a 12 inch ruler sticks out of the snow on top of the spa. My dad religiously uses the top of the spa for "accurate snow totals".

Cocoa anyone?

No comments: