My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Beautiful Beat

It's raining today. A LOT. And I've got more work than normal with the Grammy's next weekend...but I've found a reason not to complain. More, a reason to keep on livin'! I just realized the new Nada Surf record comes out on Tuesday. The album Lucky is their follow up to the highly acclaimed 2005 release The Weight Is A Gift. (An album that's been referred to as a "21st century pop masterpiece" and "nearly flawless". ) If you've never heard it - you should take a listen.

While my love for the group does not run any earlier than their last release on Seattle's indie Barsuk Records, I know they've been together for something like 12 years. Back in 1995 with the release of High/Low, they were tagged as Weezer-wannabees, and early on - I was not a fan...but on their last record, they put out some great songs. I can't say enough about their 2005 release and I really like them now. It's just that simple.

I read that they'll have guest appearances on the new album too! Death Cab’s Ben Gibbard, Ed Harcourt, John Roderick of the Long Winters, and guitarist Phil Wandscher of Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter. How can you go wrong - I LOVE John Roderick! (The Long Winters are great!)

And thanks to technology, and where i work, i am currently previewing the album....so far it's wonderful!


I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Lucky.

Good To Know: You can preview the album too - perhaps even get your own copy HERE.

1 comment:

JC said...

Music appreciation!!!!

The last Nada Surf album is a classic.