My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

;) Wink emoticon.

I carved the Carlock pumpkin last night at our neighbor's house. I used a pumpkin carving kit for the first time EVAR and picked the ";) wink emoticon" from the book of carving choices.

****For the record, every pumpkin being carved from now until the end of time will require the $4 kit from the store. How easy and fun! I'm not kidding.***

Our lovely neighbors Max and Chris let me borrow their carving tools and off I went...carving away. I felt bad that I was working late and I wasn't going to bring our pumpkin because I was exhausted, but decided to at the last minute, and I'm glad I did. It ended up being very satisfying.

And my "wink" turned out so neat. I'll have to post a pic.

So far it's been a busy week! Jason and I attended a Baby Care Class with C at Inova Hospital on Monday. We learned some basic baby care skills - most of which I recall from my years of babysitting. Our preggers friend C sponsored our ticket to the 3 hour class so she didn't have to go alone. We have been helping C out here and there along the way during her pregnacy and this class was one of the highlights. The class was very real! It covered everything from swaddling to SIDS to when to call the doctor. I think she enjoyed that we were there. She's been nervous and put on home rest for this last week and we're just glad to help her out if we can. That's what friends do, right?

Our on-call duties have been relieved for now though - C's mom is in town now. She took the train down from NY and is here for the arrival of C's baby. Today, C was admitted to the hospital to be induced. Her appointment was at 7:30am, so she may have the baby today. We're standing by!

While we're waiting on C Jr. to arrive, I will be figuring out my Halloween costume. For some odd reason, we have two Halloween parties to attend and I actually want to go to them. What should I be?

2 comments:

JC said...

Two?!

I was only aware of one. Or was I not invited to the second, secret party?

Jay said...

Off Topic!
I'm a greyhound guy looking for info on Greyt Meadows. You referenced this place in your july post about Leia, who is beautiful by the way. If you have
any info, please contact jay at alexthegreyt@mac.com.
THANKS.
jay