My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pave the Way

I've been dreaming of going to an apple orchard to pick apples. Maybe I can talk Jason into going to one next weekend. I just imagine the crisp fall air and the crisp apples and the long day-dreaming drive. I know Jason would say, "we have apples from the grocery store already." But, I think it's just the thing I need this fall. (We've never gone before.) And even though I have these dreams of jetting off somewhere applely, I feel like we can't travel too far - because our pregnant friend C is nearly due, and she could call at any minute. We're her ride for evenings and weekends and I'd feel pretty bad if we weren't there. So, that might be a null plan. I really do want to go though. I helped C on Saturday with her baby shower cards and we went through some donated clothes. There was a bag of "sketchy" clothes that didn't make the cut. But, many were keepers.

Speaking of crisp fall air...it was chilly this morning! Leia and I went out around 6:30am an whoooohooo, it was cold. There was ice crystals on all the blades of grass and Leia crunched down the path without a care, she didn't seem to mind. When we got in I dryed her feet off and tried to toast them up with the towel. I think she appreciated it. I was working on her pink coat last night, and even though I don't like the finishing stitch for the colar, it's almost done. I just have to sew on the belt.

*Sew speak for Mom: you'd be proud, I did all the bias and it looks pretty good! I may try to cover that finishing stitch with some fabric like the red one had. Or just put those two buttons on it and go with that. Do you have an opinion?

The city is paving all the streets around our house this week. It's gonna look brand new!

No comments: