My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Moon Pie or Pad Thai?

I had both on Friday. The Moon Pie was stale...it was a last resort snack that had been living in the last resort area for a little too long. The Pad Thai was good though! Veggie style for me, Jason got chicken in his. We get our thai food from Thai Lemongrass. It's really close to home. That's good cause I always get home late from work on Friday's.

Oh, and this weekend I made the Strawberry Shortcake (see "Spatula" post below) dessert. Ahhh, not what I expected. This must be a southern style shortcake recipe. The shortcakes tasted exactly like Bisquick biscuits with sugar sprinkled on top. It didn't taste horrible...it just wasn't what I thought it would be. So, even though Jason was nice - and said he liked it, I probably won't make it again. The strawberries and cool whip part were perfect.

I also noticed that my blog includes a lot of references to food. I don't know why!

But, while we're on the subject (and Easter is just a week away) I noticed that I am really into Jelly Belly candy beans at the moment. I'm about to try the Soda Pop Shoppe flavored beans.

No comments: