My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Project

I asked for an embroidery kit for my birthday in January - and Jason got it for me. (thanks Jas) My idea was to embroider a pillowcase for our new dog, Leia. She thinks she's people and uses people pillows! That is comedy! She also loves pizza! (just kidding about the pizza part)

I haven't started the pillowcase project yet - I wanted to test my skillz first. So, this is my first project. It's a kitchen towel using the split-stitch.


And here are the results:



I love the website Sublime Stitching that carries these patterns. They are quick to point out that they're sick of bunnies, teddy bears and geese in bonnets. "This ain't your gramma's embroidery!" The cool patterns resemble tattoos and rock-n-roll - perfect for your hip crafty self!

No comments: