My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Git Yer "Spat-CHEW-ler"


Last night I watched an episode of Paula's Home Cooking on the NEW Food Network in HD and Paula was making these danty desserts. The episode is even called "Tea Time". So, she's making these -to die for- strawberry shortcake desserts when she says in her southern voice, "ok, now you get your spatula." But she didn't say "spatula"...it was a her own made-up variation on the word that contained an extra "er" at the end. So it was more like "git yer spat-CHEW-ler" and it was at that moment Jason and I turned slowly towards each other and burst out laughing! I said, "your Spat-CHEW-ler? Wha? Oh, she means spatula...ok."
Don't get me wrong, I love Paula and her southern twang and I totally love her show, especially in HD! But, there was nothing "danty or tea-time-ish" about that phrase! It was just "down-home-made-up!"

So anyway, I think Jason is going to make the strawberry shortcakes this weekend! Yay!

If you want to make them too, here's the recipe.


For the entire menu from the show (cause the pecan squares looked darn good too) click here.

No comments: