My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Poe Poe, Zeta and Ravi

Leia has been collecting a few new dog friends in the neighborhood since she's been with us. (It's been 26 fun days so far.) Today we went for our morning walk and saw the labrador that lives on our floor - I believe her name is Zeta. Then she met up with the little one Poe Poe - not so friendly today, Poe Poe started barking and Leia jumped back and let out 1 bark. I think it's the first bark I've heard. And just before we went inside, a short hello to her friend Ravi - i think she licked Ravi's cheek. All in a morning's walk, and just enough dog interaction to leave Leia dreaming all day about her friends on the sidewalk.

There was also a Leia moment last night that had me puzzled. I was talking to Jason and said the words "went to the car place" and Leia jumped up and stared at me - like "Yes! let's go!" So, I said it again "I went to the car place" and once again - she whipped her head around and stared me down. She is four, and very smart - she knows many words...but i'm trying to rack my brain on what would rhyme with "car place" that would make her react that way. It means something to her. Just not sure what.

Also, Leia is learning the stairs! (which really helps when the elevator breaks down...which it did AGAIN this morning.) Luxury condos, eh? Tell that to the 4th floor dwellers, as I'm guessing there's nothing luxurious about hoofing down 4 flights of stairs to leave your house.

PS. Isn't Jason the best!? He added some fun new features and updates to our website yesterday! (Including a birthday reminder! Ha! Jason, you didn't have to do that!) My favorite is the Monkey pic.

1 comment:

JC said...

Don't forget Piper, Ruppert, and Bear!