My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

File under: Disturbing

There's nothing more peaceful than an early morning walk with Leia. She walks very well on the lead, so we glide down the sidewalk like two peas.

Today - like any other morning - I put on my coat, put on Leia's coat (it's cold!) and headed out. The south elevator is currently getting an upgrade to marble flooring, so we took the stairs. I'm so proud of Leia - she can go down the stairs like a champ. Jason taught her. And she learned them so quick! (Considering she's four years old - and before we adopted her, she had never seen stairs before)...but i digress.

So, Leia and I headed down the stairs and out the door...then took off down the boulavard on our walk. The normal amount of stopping and sniffing occured - and even though it was a little brisk, our walk was enjoyable (yes! so far so good.) We got about half way down the boulavard and it was time to turn around to head back home. On our way back - I noticed a man about 10-15 feet ahead of us - pop out of his home and grab the paper. The thing is, he wasn't wearing shoes...or socks....or pants...or UNDERWEAR!!!! WHAT???!!! Dressed in just a tee-shirt, Leia and I were sure enough briskly walking toward a half naked man. He saw us, (thankfully, I didn't see his you know what - thank god) as he pulled his tee shirt down in an attempt to cover up.

Now - let me recap for a minute. It was COLD this morning. Like in the 20's. You would think this dude would take precaution just for climate sake. Guess not.

So he hops down his two stairs out to the sidewalk, bends down, picks up the paper - and I immediatly look down to avoid the fact that we just made eye contact. I thought I had been looking down long enough to let the uncomfortable moment pass, but as soon as i looked up again - i was graced by the back of his bum heading inside. Yech!!! EEEWWW. Did that just happen? "Leia, did you just see that?" I asked as we picked up the pace back to our house -in an attempt to avoid any more sudden nudity. I continued in shock, "Leia, I swear I just saw a man with no pants getting the paper. What he heck?" Leia did not respond. We quietly headed home in a state of wonder and disbelief. We got back inside, greeted Jason with our chapless, tee-shirt wearing ghost-man story and then had breakfast. I think we'll take the path tomorrow.

No comments: