My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Cuts, bruises and finally -we're in!

Whew! It's been a whirlwind week. We packed, cleaned and moved out of the old place - yep- dropped off the keys last night! Whoo hoo! You should have seen how clean we left it! And now we're back to boxes piled to the sky in our new home. Wow. I'm just exhausted. So is Jason. And he really overdid it all last week. I don't remember the last time I've seen him in a dry shirt. He's always sweating from moving boxes. But that seems to be the norm at the new condo...there has been a new unit moving in every other day, I'm so use to seeing sweaty people, dollies, carts, boxes, and DOGS. Yes! Everyone has a dog!

Jason even admitted yesterday that his new hobby was pushing around our dolly. Man, that thing has saved us. We got 3-4 boxes or a large pieces of furniture on the cart and wheel it up to our place, saving us all that carrying and lifting. Just imagine how sweaty Jason would be without it! I never imagined a dolly would save his life, but it has. We loaded the last load on the dolly last night, and will retire it soon. It's in the running for best purchase ever!

And no move is complete without bumps and bruises. My legs have a few cardboard boxtop scrapes, and both Jason and I got cracked in the head. (A stool fell off the dolly and on Jason's head **Crack**and i hit mine head on our new cabinet door! **bonk**) Ahh, the joys of moving.

I'm focusing on the move, because it's what we're doing at the moment, but i should mention that the closing went very well and Jason carried me over the threshold! Then, like magic - Jason professionally installed our new blinds! (Closing day was like our homeowner honeymoon) however, that "new homeowner joy" disappeared very quick when the work set in. Thankfully, we had to take a forced relaxation break and head to Pennsylvania over Labor Day weekend to see Jason's sister get married. It was a wonderful wedding with perfect weather and a very nice break, we'll post our pics soon!

Ok, back to reality and unpacking all our stuff.

No comments: