My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Food poisoning and crazy ladies

I'm so glad Jason posted some picures of our new place. Now you can see that we're kinda getting settled. (Thanks for not taking a pic of the second bathroom Jason... which looks more like the back room at an art gallary.) We have so many framed things - and they're all stacked in the bathroom. That's also where you can find Jason's comic books, a few guitars, lamps and backpacks. Yeah, we haven't found a home for everything just yet. But we're getting there. I can't believe next Monday (Sept. 24th) will be one month since we closed.

The time has been flying by, and we've been working so hard to get our lives back into a normal groove. And that proves difficult when one of your two days off -you spend in total pain and agony in the bathroom. On Saturday I ordered a simple turkey sandwich for lunch at our favorite restaurant- turkey on bread, yeah that's a "safe bet" cause there's no grease involved - well that didn't seem to matter. That's all I'll say. It wasn't pretty. So last Saturday afternoon/evening was rough...but not to be outdone, I encountered a slightly different type of agony and pain the following morning.

It was Sunday, 11am, and Jason was at violin. (Every other Sunday morning I have to myself. I did the math and for exactly 4 1/2 hours a month - I am home alone.) Let's just say, the next time someone knocks at the door and I'm alone, I probably won't answer it. I peered through the small peep hole and saw a nice lady with blue hair standing in the hall. Curious, i thought - "huh, I wonder what she needs? Did she just move in next door and want to introduce herself? Is she inviting me to a party?" Well, less than thirty seconds later, I heard the real reason for her visit. If you can imagine it, it was actually worse than the food poisoning the day before. Without introducing herself, or hesitating - she blurted out, "you are very loud and inconsiderate." I felt my head lean back as if she were spitting on me and thought, "Ahhhh, noooooo, a crazy lady is chewing me out at my doorstep. Help!" So she went on and on explaining and complaining about noises...(the whole time thinking our home was right above her) I told her I've also heard noise and gracefully pointed out, "I'm not sure if it's us or not, no one lives below us...it's the grand enterence to the building." She actually lives under the place nextdoor. She had knocked on the wrong door! Oh she felt soooo bad, apologized and left. Lesson learned: Crazy ladies - do your research!

Thankfully, I've recovered from both of these weekend adventures. Ahh, life can be so full of joy.

No comments: