My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, September 14, 2007

On The Home Front

It's been an exciting two weeks living in our new home. Jason and I made a dent in the stacks of boxes last weekend, and got about 1/2 way unpacked. This weekend, we hope to get a little further. It still won't feel like home though until we get some pictures on the wall. And all of those are still packed away. I wonder if we'll make 3 trips to Home Depot like last weekend? It may just happen!

Jason's blog is a reflection of some of the "good times" we've endured this week. The DMV, meeting our neigbors (in their robes -ha!) at 10:30pm during a building fire alarm. The carpet guys cutting carpet in my parking spot, the elevator and garage door getting stuck on the same day at the same time. You know, the fun stuff!

All of it has been mildly amusing, and we've been cool and understanding. I can't say that for some of our neighbors. During the fire alarm, while Jason and I were laughing our pants off on the sidewalk about Jason's famous milk spill, others looked angry and concerned. Figures. Even when there isn't a fire alarm blaring - some neighbors are just down-right grumpy. Whatevar. That's when i turn on my mid-western charm and say "hello". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes i just say nothing.

I'm looking forward to my second weekend as a homeowner.

No comments: