My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Jas-son Garson!"

It's getting down to the wire. Four days till closing, 7 days till we move. Does anyone even care about this countdown stuff??? Sheesh. I feel like saying "no more talkie talkie...just move in already darnit!" I wish we could. I am being patient, i promise.

Jason and I are really looking forward to or closing on Friday August 24th. It will be filled with pens and paper and emotion (I'm guessing here, but chances are, I'll cry.) Although, for the record, i have yet to get misty eyed about anything.

We have done so much to prepare for our big move, yet, it always seems like there isn't enough time to do it all. I'm trying to keep my head on straight and not freak out about how much stuff I've thrown away (or how much i've kept for that matter.) And for the most part we're just waiting for them to say "congratulations, " - so we can get crack-a-lackin.

Jason has the day off today (he isn't "feeling well" ((wink wink))) and will be doing some small errands to help get us ready. AKA - pick up an order at Blinds To Go. Seriously though, he's not feeling well.

Our current residence is turned upside down. There are boxes everywhere. We haven't cooked a hot meal in a week, and i don't see an end to the "take out food" clause we signed off on. We're trying places we didn't even know exsisted. Even found a pretty good pizza place. It's been right up the road for 6 years. They cook their pizza in a wood fired oven that looks like a fancy fireplace. We'll prolly eat there again this week. Or, there's the frozen pizza we bought. Oh, the variety! On the flipside, Jason has promised that he'll be whipping up gourmet delicacies morning noon and night at the new place. I'm looking forward to that! "Jas-son garson!"

No comments: