My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Trip to Home Depot

I wish i had a picture of Jason - giddy and excited in his cinema seat yesterday as we sat and waited for Indiana Jones to begin. We arrived at the Kingstowne Cinema 16 at exactly 12 noon ...and let me remind you - movie arrival time is no laughing matter in our house. Yeah, we were 45 minutes early - but honestly we didn't know what to expect. The movie was set to start at 12:45pm. "Hey - we're early" I said mostly joking, "do you want to get something to eat?" Jason replied, "no, follow my lead." That's when I truly realized that he was not joking around. I was only half way kidding about getting a bit to eat anyway (i know the movie drill and i'm fine with it.) Plus, i was looking forward to getting some movie snacks.

I got some popcorn, Jason got a hot dog and we were in the cool dark theater in no time. We talked and ate our snacks and before you knew it the previews were rolling and Indy appeared on screen. I really liked the movie! I could tell Jason liked it too. It was very entertaining and held my attention the entire ride. And it's one of those films you could totally watch again.

After the movie we went out for ice cream at DQ and then over to Home Depot to buy paint. We're doing the total homeowner cliche Memeorial Day paint job on our kitchen. We put up blue tape in the kitchen for about an hour last night and now we're ready to do primer.

I hope you have a fun Memorial Day weekend too! Go see Indiana Jones!

No comments: