My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Two Dreams


Now more than ever I can't believe that my mom is gone. I had a dream about you last night mom. The second one ever!  And now, both times right when I saw you I woke up. Dangit!! 

First dream:
James was doing something and you popped in and said something like, "he's gonna really be good at this" and just the sound of your voice woke me up.

Second dream, You walked in the door of our condo with Dad and Kris a la Thanksgiving. You were smiling from ear to ear. You walked in first almost rushing in all the way to thr edge of the counter...And you pointed Down to your legs that you had to wear these pantyhose now, laughing looking down and put both hands on your thighs and pulled them out a little and let them snap back in place lifting up your long black gown to show us. Jason helped lift it and I saw your stomach which looked smooth and tanned.  The black gown went up and I looked at your face- and we both had that look like  we both knew you'd been through something and didn't look quite right - your shoulders or neck wasn't totally straight but you were smiling and laughing and seemed happy you arrived. A little out of breath and relieved to be done traveling.  Then Kris started talking about quitting her job and the three of us were standing together and you agreed saying, "it was the best thing."

No comments: