My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, April 7, 2008

My Arm!

Before the rain started on Saturday night, our weekend was going really well. Jason and I hopped out of bed early Saturday morning and took Leia for a walk down to the coffee shop where I sat outside and waited for Jason to get 2 small coffees. To my delight, he also grabbed two biscotti sticks and breakfast was served! (sort of) We sat outside the coffee shop and people wanted to pet our dog, so we let them. The sun was shining and once again...for like the 5th time...I wore my winter stocking hat for warmth. I ended up carrying it there and back because it was too warm. (We don't have the luxury of stepping outside to check the temperature before we dress, so it's kinda tricky in the mornings.) I learned a lesson. If it's 55 degrees, you don't need a winter hat...unless it is really windy.

After our walk we headed off to run some errands and then back home for a late lunch. We were talking about the new National's ballpark and Jason suggested we should have a catch, because it was so nice out. So, after lunch we got our gloves (not mitts - those are only for the catchers) and the baseball and headed outside. I was against bringing the dog, but Jason said it'd work - so we brought Leia and attached her to the bench with plenty of leash to spare. We put down her small travel bed and after she settled down, she pretty much slept through the entire outdoor activity. Which brings me to my blog title "My Arm!". My arm is very sore from playing catch. So is Jason's. We were having so much fun and it was so nice out, we just kept on playing catch for almost 1 hour. Now we're paying for it. Jason even mentioned that we should play more on Sunday, however, the sun never came out and it was the most dreary Sunday ever. When I was on my morning walk with Leia, I swear the whole town was making pancakes to cheer themselves up. At least that's what it smelled like.

No comments: