My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oh My Gosh!

Have you heard the news???!!! My sister’s cat is having kittens!!!! Here is the mom to be!! Her name is Prussia.

(If you want to get technical, it’s actually her boyfriend Steve’s cat.)

So, I have been getting daily kitten updates from my sister, and seriously…everytime the phone rings…I wonder if it’s kitten time! How is this all possible? Well, you can thank the first warm day of the year when Kristin decided to clean her enclosed front porch and their cat Prussia accidentally got out for the first time ever. For the record, they haven’t had this cat for very long, so they were going to take it to the vet soon to prevent a situation like this…but it looks like the cat escaped before an appointment could be made!

It’s ok, I can’t think of a better “kitten mom” than my sister. After all, she’s had years of cat practice…including the birth of our cats Mr. Twinkacetti and Balki. (yes, named after Mr. Donald “Twinkie” Twinkacetti and Balki Bartokomous from the sitcom Perfect Strangers (circa 1986)…OMG we were geeks.) These two were born under our Mom’s bed. Sparky was the mom.

Anyways, back to Prussia…the mom to be. On Saturday, May 12th, Kris took Prussia in for an ultrasound. It was a fair price to pay just to know what was going to happen. And it’s happening!! The Vet said 5 OR 6 kittens are on the way!!!! 5 OR 6!!!!!!!! Kristin will soon be tending to a gaggle of cats !

Here’s the kitten x-ray from her visit on Saturday. Look for the tiny black spines in the photo.



I will write more soon, because it will happen any day now! Kris is nervous AND prepared! Just look at the supplies she’s gathered for this special occasion :)


Good To Know
:
A full term pregnancy for a cat is 65 days.

No comments: