My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Gettin' a jump on the day!

I thought I'd get a jump on the day and get rollin' early, so I woke up at 3am! Well, not by choice really- Leia was squeeking from the livingroom and had to go outside. She's sick. Usually Jason goes outside with her, but with only an hour or two till he had to wake up for work, I figured I could go this time. (I wake up at the same time he does...so I don't know what I meant by this.) Just trying to be nice I guess.

It's very peaceful in our neighborhood at 3a. I didn't see a soul. And becuase it was 90 yesterday, it was nice an warm out still. Not a horrible experience at all.

I just can't figure out why Leia is so sick. It's been this way for 1 1/2 weeks. We've been to the vet (Friday), we're taking medication, changed her diet, eliminated all treats, and still, no results. I started calling around to the two different specialty dog food shops where we get a brand called The Honest Kitchen. Did they change their ingredients? The food is a dehydrated raw, and you add warm water to make the food. I did notice some extra chunks in this batch (purchased about 2 weeks ago) - so that might be it. I am getting worried that this is carrying on.

We were busy this weekend painting. Yay! We picked a color called "Outerbanks" from Sherwin Williams and spent the weekend with paint brushes in our hands. I was on trim, and Jason used the roller. We make a great painting team and are pretty happy with the outcome. It looks good (we think!)

Next up, our bedroom walls. That will require moving our bed - ugh. It's so heavy! It's one of those 1/2 mattress, 1/2 memory foam NASA beds. But, there's no other way to paint unless it's out of there. I'm sure Jason can't wait to move it :)

No comments: