My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Friday, April 24, 2009

"Excellent Bus Service!"

I was driving home yesterday from work on NY Ave. in DC and saw a transit bus coming my way in the other lane. Instead of an electronic "destination" above the windshield to indicate the next stop, it just read "Excellent Bus Service" - I thought that was odd. Can you personalize that destination screen now? Does the driver have access to a keypad in which they can type out ANYTHING to scroll across that screen? Or is that just one of the default liners they use when the bus isn't actually in service? I was so curious, I rubbernecked to get a look at this most excellent bus and it's driver as we passed each other on the street.....only to find a 40 something dude with a trucker cap on using the scroll wheel on his blackberry while simultaniously trying to watch the road!!! He might have been surfing the internet for all I know! I suddenly questioned if "excellent" was the right word choice, given he didn't even have two hands on the wheel. All I can hope is that everyone got to their destination safe.

In other news, life in the world of packing lunches just got more awesome. All I'm sayin' is:
FOIL SHEETS!

No comments: