My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Trot

I'm in the home stretch at work, so I can have a few days off for the Thanksgiving weekend. Even though work can be unforgiving, I am still very thankful that I got to keep it! In fact, I have many things to be thankful for this Thankgiving. I am thankful for our first year in our new home, I'm thankful that Obama will be our next president and that C had a healthy baby. I'm thankful that my car is still running after all these years, and that we have had our dog Leia for 11 months and she has yet to make me mad - EVAR. I am thankful for our condo gym and how running has helped me manage my anxiety. I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband who loves me and makes me laugh everyday. I'm thankful for the sunshine on a cold walk, and most happy that my family is healthy.

That's a lot to give thanks for, so thankfully I'll have plenty of time to reflect on my extended weekend!

This morning I saw someone getting their Christmas tree out of the back of the car. The pull cart was piled with decorations and boxes of Christmas glee.

I have a feeling our tree is going up this weekend. Why not, right? Christmastime can't come soon enough.

So, I titled my post "Turkey Trot" - no one in our family is participating in the organized run in our town, but Jason and I will be participating in our own version titled:

"The L & J 5k x3 Big Gym Style"

You're welcome to join us at Fitness First!

No comments: