My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's get to work!

Yesterday I tried to write a blog thanking people for voting...but somehow it didn't seem like it was enough. I deleted the post with the thought that there were no words great enough to express how I really felt. So, I took yesterday to think about it.

Now, I wasn't alive when the Beatles stormed the US creating Beatle-mania and I wasn't there when they declared WW II a victory - but I feel like the frenzy of personal joy may be similiar to those moments in history. Hundreds of thousands of people screaming and crying and praying in the streets! Amazing. Jason just emailed me and said there's a line 4 blocks long today across the street from where he works. The line is to purchase yesterday's newspaper from the Washington Post headquarters. Just amazing.

There is a swelling pride in America that I have never witnessed before in my lifetime. It makes you feel like you're necessary. Like life matters more now. I find myself smiling at strangers and tearing up watching CNN. I still can't believe it's true!

So, I say thank you. And I mean it. Thank you.

No comments: