My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, September 3, 2012

It's been a good run.

I know I'm probably too old to be sad about something silly like a car - but for the last 13 years, my Camry rarely let me down and has always been there for me. Yeah, it's true a few years back Jason started using the metro so I drove his (much newer) PT Cruiser, but it was mostly because he wanted me to be safe. She looks almost as good as the day I bought her- in Illinois in the summer of 1999. With its "gold package" -at the time...this was luxury beyond what I really needed and the car note wasn't pretty but it was mine- and I loved writing that car payment check. I'd have to say its like saying "bye" to a part of the family. It finally was going to cost more to fix than it was worth- so we asked the Midas guys up the street to turn off the check engine light and we crossed our fingers that when we were going to trade it in, the car would make it to the dealership without breaking down. Here's the one of the last picture's of my awesome car. Thanks for the memories!

3 comments:

Ivo Beutler said...

You’ve been with that car for so long! I wouldn't be surprised if you feel bad about letting it go. But it wouldn’t be all bad news if you entrusted your car to a reliable car dealership. If it’s a reputable company, then rest assured that your car will be sold at a reasonable price.

Ivo Beutler

Nicole said...

You should really be thankful for the great memories that your car had given you. Like you, I really felt sad the time I said goodbye to my old car. I loved it dearly with all my heart. Well, as the saying goes, “All good things must come to an end.”

Nicole Vickers

Unknown said...

13 years driving this splendid car will really make you sad when it’s time to say goodbye. I just hope that the memories that the two of you shared will remain with you even though you already have a new car. Well, I just hope you already have a new car that’s as awesome as this one.

Ashely Redden