My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thanks for everything USA

Don't say this country hasn't done anything for you. It has. I think. It's amazing how you can get caught up on problem after problem originating from the city I work in. Washington DC. From the looks of it - everything seems grim. At what point did the word future get a big honkin' "?" question mark after it? Seriously. Even with the most focused game plan - we come up short. Like, the ongoing demise of Social Security's financial forecast - which - as I just did the math - will be depleated a few short years before I retire. Goodie! So, can I get my money back? Cause I need it to save for retirement. Or this whole housing market. Investment? I hardly think so. It's just another - well, "it almost worked" idea that is now meadering backwards. THanks America. You spend all this time wishing I'd grow up and this is my reward? Just awesome. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't stick it out to see what happens next. I'll keep paying my social security (don't thik I have a choice) and I'll keep paying my mortage and my silly condo dues. Do you want me to pay the car tax too? Done! I have no issue giving my money away. I actually don't even mind paying bills - I just would like the rest of it to be fair in the end. If that's possible. And like I said, don't say this country hasn't done anything for you. It's National Park Week! So go and enjoy it! That's like a $4 dollar savings!

No comments: