My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

If it keeps raining we'll be under water

This is not a weather report. Or maybe it is. Or maybe it's just a Lynette report. Anyways, it's late and I'm up with James and it's still raining. Amazing! While the rain is coming down, let's pass the time with a few thoughts:

• I love Jason.
• I love baby James. He's 14 weeks old today. That's 3 months and 7 days. Yay!
• I saw Jean Claude today.
(guess I should explain the last bullet point)

So, a long time ago- I discovered there is a deer who lives on a small strip of land between Van Dorn street and 395. I may have mentioned it before. I call him Jean Claude...as in Jean Claude Van Dorn. Anyway, the first time i saw the deer, it was a cold wintery day. And that was a few years back. Gosh I cant remember how long ago but i do recall Jason was sure it was a part of my imagination - since then he too has seen the deer, proving I didn't make it up!

So, this deer- i keep seeing it on my way home from work. Sometimes months will go by without a sighting and then- there he is. And just when it seems i have given up hope- he appears. Almost like a good luck sign.

So, tonight- imagine my response when gasp! - there he was -Jean Claude! The last time I saw him was a little over half way through my pregnancy so I was shocked to see him standing there on the fenceline. I started doing the math. Does this mean he survived the earthquake? Yep...although I thought he might have found higher ground. The hurricane? Yes, he did. And 100+ degree heat this summer? Right again. I was so happy to see he was still around!

I wonder how many other people know he is there? You can look for him if you want...if you are on Van Dorn street between Taney and Braddock - look to the strip of land between you and 395 and if you see him, wave "hi". Ahh, The Adventures Of Jean Claude. It could be a good children's book. Here are a few storyline ideas
• Jean Claude eats a sandwich. (it's true, one day I witnessed a man throw a sandwich over the fence.)
• Jean Claude builds a raft. If it keeps raining on the east coast we'll be under water. (the rain part is true)
• Jean Claude makes s'mores. (ok, you get the idea)

I think the rain finally stopped. James is asleep. Goodnight rain. Goodnight James.

Goodnight Jean Claude.

No comments: