My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

NST #2 (two weeks & 2 days to go)

Each Tuesday in May I'm getting a NST (non-stress test) and fluid check at the hospital. Well, I should say, baby C is getting these check-ups. So far, we've passed the test two weeks in a row. Whoo Whoo. I know they are keeping an eye on me b/c of my age- and that's fine. I want the baby to be safe. Here is the printout of the NST in action. The top line is the baby's heartbeat and the bottom line (all the way to the right on the photo) is my contractions. I wasn't having any this week but I did last week. Its crazy to think sometime in the next two weeks I'm having a baby. Honestly couldn't be more excited and scared all at once. And there will be birthday cake. Jason promised me (us). My prediction is I'll go all the way to May 27th- any other predictions out there?

2 comments:

Dana Brown Ritter said...

I'm going to guess June 1st.

Lucky1304 said...

Seems so odd to me that they are making you do weekly NSTs. It's not like you're 50! I know plenty of women your age that had babies and weren't followed as closely. OTOH though, I guess it's always better to err on the side of being too cautious, right? Bet it's fun trying to get time off for all the appts though. ;)

They won't let you go past your due date, right? In that case, I'm guessing they'll induce on your due date but I hope I'm wrong and you go sooner!