My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No Fishing

On one of our recent trips to storage (making that second bedroom into a nursery has been so fun) Jason stumbled upon his tackle box. One of my favorite memories early in our relationship- while we were still dating- was taking Jason to Bena,MN for a full week of fishing. (something I'd been doing every year since birth.) I was filled with joy to share Bena with Jason and he took it all in like a sponge. You know that moment when you see someone come into their own. I saw Jason do that in Bena. He loved it. We were in God's country, at dawn, with our poles in the water and I still can't think of anything that tops that. The cool thing is, I know we'll be back. And we'll get to teach another generation where to find the best fishing spot.

No comments: