My Midwestern dream: get a deep freezer in my garage that contains a pillow sized bag of shredded cheese.

Monday, February 22, 2010

pop culture eeks.

Loud little girl with her mom at Target:

“Wake up in the morning feeling like PDiddy (hey, what up girl)Put my glasses on, Im out the door - I’m gonna hit this city (Lets go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
Cause when I leave for the night, I ain’t coming back”


Seriously? She knew all the words to that Ke$sha song and she's like 9 years old. This doesn't bug me though. I'm sure I was singing all the words to suggestive Top 40 songs when I was that ag...oh, wait...NO I WASN'T. I was singing F-ing show tunes.

And for real? Olympic athletes do not eat McNuggets. Do they?

4 comments:

Lucky1304 said...

My three-year-old knows all the words to that song, so....

Lucky1304 said...

Well, not *all* the words. I figure it's okay because she has no idea what "Jack" is. And really, if you think about it, a lot of music is kind of inappropriate for kids. There are Beatles songs that I sometimes cringe at the lyrics to when I hear them w/ the girls. I guess show tunes would be an option if we were actually into show tunes. Sadie also really really likes I Gotta Feeling and Let's Get It Started. And The Ramones. Who also probably aren't especially child-friendly. Gotta pick your battles.

Lynette said...

I honestly think sharing any and all music is important at every age. Maybe minus swears. Cause we all know Danny Zuko from Grease said the word "shit" in the song Grease Lightning. I immediatly turned around and sang that at the top of my lungs and got in big trouble.:-) So now that I think of it, even show tunes aren't totally safe!

Lynette said...

...oh, and tell S we can do a Ke$sha duet someday :-)